"ATTENTION: Due to the current U.S. Government Shutdown, the EPA label may not available or up to date until further notice. Currently, NPIRS Federal Data is being updated regularly by the EPA and we thank them for their efforts!"
The registration of pesticide products involves a rigorous exchange of information between regulatory agencies and registrant companies.
The focus of the ALSTAR application is on the exchange, acceptance, and storage of information between these regulatory
agencies and pesticide registrant companies. While several state agencies request diverse data, documentation, and product labeling
information from registrants, most states require identical or similar information. This specifically pertains to pesticide product
labeling but may include other types of other documents, such as EPA Stamped Accepted Labels, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS/SDS), and
EPA Supplemental Distributor Agreements. The ALSTAR application provides the capability to both registrants and states to streamline
the exchange and use of these common data.
Currently thirty-nine states are ALSTAR members. The ALSTAR secure website is used by member companies to upload and transfer electronic pesticide
product labels to ALSTAR member states. State members use ALSTAR to review and accept product labels transferred to them. After state acceptance,
current versions of product labels are made available for each member state on the NPIRS State Public website where anyone can access the labels
free of charge. All versions of state-accepted labels are available on the NPIRS and NSPIRS websites for subscribing members. A 10-tier subscription
rate starting at $275 per year is offered to registrant and consultant companies.
ALSTAR White Paper
Preparing PDF Files for ALSTAR
ALSTAR Participation Standards
Company Subscription Information and Forms
State Subscription Information and Forms
Participating ALSTAR States
Add User ID
- Save Time, Money and Resources on Product Label Submissions to States
- Upload Electronic Documents to a Centralized Repository for Retrieval by States
- Expedite State Review Process by Providing Electronic Documents in a Standardized Format
- Track State Label Submission Status
- Facilitate Product Renewals Using Report Features
- Easy Access to State Requirements
- Save Time, Money and Resources by Transitioning from Paper to Electronic Pesticide Product Labels
- Receive Pesticide Product Labels in a Standardized, Text-Searchable PDF Format
- Expedite State Review Process as a Result of Easy Access to Centralized Label Repository
- Provide Free Access to Most Current Version of State Accepted Labels in Public Repository
- Provide Inspectors with Access to All Versions of State Accepted Labels
- Compare Product Label Versions Electronically